page 1
page 2
page 3
page 4
page 5
page 6
page 7
page 8
page 9
page 10
page 11
page 12
page 13
page 14
page 15
page 16
page 17
page 18
page 19
page 20
page 21
page 22
page 23
page 24
page 25
page 26
page 27
page 28
page 29
page 30
page 31
page 32
page 33
page 34
page 35
page 36
page 37
page 38
page 39
page 40
page 41
page 42
page 43
page 44

13www.rockleyadventure.coM 01202 677 272travel documentationReciprocal Health ArrangementsInside the European Economic Area (EEA), free or reduced-cost emergency treatment is available to UK patients and non-EEA nationals lawfully resi-dent in the UK, on production of a Eu-ropean Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC has now replaced the old E111 form which is no longer valid.For trips to our overseas centres, EV-ERYONE MUST have their own EHIC which should be held by the group leader for the duration of the trip.Obtaining a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)The quickest and easiest way for parents/guardians to get an EHIC is to apply online at, however applications can be made by phone on 0845 606 2030 or alterna-tively by post using a form available from the post office. It is strongly recommended that you collect EHICs from your group at least 1 month before the departure date of your trip. Regardless of how parents / guard-ians apply, they will need to have the following information to hand for every-one they are applying for: . Name and date of birth . NHS or national insurance (NI) number.Charges for TreatmentIn France, some treatments are free and for others you may have to pay part or all of the cost and then claim either a full or partial refund. To ensure you are able to claim back as much of any costs incurred as possible, please follow the instructions for claiming refunds below.Doctors, Dentists and PrescriptionsMake sure the doctor or dentist you consult is 'conventionné' - i.e. they work within the French health sys-tem. After treatment, obtain a signed statement of the treatment given (a 'feuille de soins') - you can't claim a refund without it. You will be charged for the treatment you receive, as well as for any prescribed medicines, and the amount(s) should be shown on the feuille de soins. Around 70 per cent of standard doctors' and dentists' fees are refunded and between 35 and 65 per cent of the cost of most prescribed medicines. The cost of common remedies and items such as bandages are refunded at the lower rate. The cost of medicines marked with a "vignette" or N.R. is not recov-erable.Hospital treatmentYou must pay for out-patient treat-ment and then claim a partial refund as described below. If you are treated as an in-patient in an approved hos-pital and show your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), 75 per cent or more of the cost is paid direct to the hospital. You pay the balance which is non refundable.You must also pay a fixed daily hospital charge ('forfait journalier'). The 25 per cent balance and the forfait journalier are not refundable.Claiming RefundsTo ensure your claim is reimbursed as quickly as possible you should claim your refund in France, however it is often easier to claim on return to the UK, despite the delay involved (up to 3 months).Claiming whilst in FranceTo claim in France send the follow-ing documents to the local sickness insurance office (Caisse Primaire d'Assurance-Maladie or CPAM).. A covering letter explaining who and what the claim relates to and the name, address and contact numbers for whom the settlement is payable to.. Original copy of a signed statement of the treatment given (a 'feuille desoins'). Original copy of any prescriptions used to purchase medication, with any Vignettes (Stickers from medication packaging) attached.. A Copy of the relevant European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).It is essential that you retain copies of all the paperwork submitted, including the covering letter, in case you need to chase payment or submit a subsequent Insurance Claim.For visits to our La Rive, La Reserve or AzuRivage centres, claims should be submitted to:CAISSE PRIMAIRE D'ASSURANCE MALADIE - CPAM - LANDES, 207 rue de Fontainebleau, 40013, MONT-DE-MARSAN, Cedex, FranceFor visits to our Gironde Centre, claims should be submitted to:CAISSE PRIMAIRE D'ASSURANCE MALADIE - CPAM GIRONDE, Place de l'Europe, 33085, BORDEAUX, Cedex, FranceNon refundable chargesAny charges that cannot be reclaimed under the EU reciprocal health care arrangements may be covered by your travel insurance policy.Claiming Refunds on your return to the UKWhere Group Leaders are unable to claim in France, they or the pupil's parents / guardians can reclaim costs from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). To claim, you or the parent will need the following information:Name of Child, Address of Child, NI number or, where the child is under 16, that of the parent. Child's date of Birth, EHIC number.When you have collected all the information call DWP on : 0191 218 1999Checklist for essential Travel DocumentationUse the Check List below toassist youOrganise a group /individualpassport for the tripCheck that each group memberhas an EHICArrange currency - euros (?)for the trip

14www.rockleyadventure.coM 01202 677 272travel insuranceThe cost of our overseas trip includes travel insurance cover for each member of your party (except anyone normally resident outside the UK).Your insurance is covered under master policy number SJSSA40072-15 A & B specially arranged through Fogg Travel Insurance Services Limited and insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG. Cover is provided for each passenger who is shown as having paid the insurance premium on the Confirmation of Booking and whose name is shown on the Names List provided by you to Rockley Adventure.The insurance is valid for trip departures between 1st January 2011 to 31st December 2011.A summary of cover can be found opposite and on our website is NOT available:- to persons resident abroad - for one way trips - for trips not starting and ending in the UK within the period for which the premium has been paid.Should your school/LEA require additional or increased cover under any section, this can normally be arranged, although there may be an extra premium charge, please contact our Schools Administration Team on for details.Alternative Travel InsuranceIf, as a whole group, you do not require our insurance cover, please inform us, in writing and notify us of the details of your own policy.Your own policy should afford cover comparable to that offered by Rockley Adventure and should ensure that your group is fully covered for cancellation, medical expenses arising abroad, loss of luggage or money and personal liability claims.We do offer a price reduction if you choose not to take our insurance, please contact our office for details.ValuablesPlease advise your pupils NOT to take valuable items of clothing (eg expensive jackets), cameras, jewellery or other electrical products, especially mobile telephones.For personal safety reasons jewellery should NOT be worn during activity sessions.Financial SecurityIn accordance with The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992, all passengers booking with Rockley Adventure, part of Rockley Watersports Ltd, are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies paid to us, including repatriation if required, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Rockley Watersports Ltd.This protection is provided by way of an insurance policy arranged by International Passenger Protection Limited and underwritten by Insurers who are members of the Association of British Insurers.There is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trips, and none is provided.A certificate showing details of this cover will be provided to the Group Leader as evidence of cover. Please ensure that you have been given the appropriate certificate at the time of booking.Medical ConditionsIf ANY member of your group has a pre-existing medical condition they can still be covered by the policy, although any claim resulting from a pre-existing medical condition is likely to be excluded. Excluded pre-existing medical conditions are, however, likely to be covered under the reciprocal health agreements between member countries of the EU see also page 12.Prior to travel for children under 16 there is NO requirement to declare pre-existing health conditions.However, for all those persons 16 and over travelling in your group who have a pre-existing health condition (see below) you MUST telephone the insurers Referral Helpline quoting ROCKLEY WATERSPORTS & ROCKLEY ADVENTURE on 0845 1300 198 to see if cover is available.A pre-existing health condition includes: if you have ever had a heart or circulatory related problem, a stroke, cancer, any breathing problems, diabetes, or any other health condition which has been treated in hospital or has been referred to a specialist in the last 2 years.ALL persons (including under 16) must tell Fogg Travel Insurance if they have a close relative whose health may make it necessary for them to cancel or cut short their trip. Insured-Persons MUST telephone the insurers Referral Helpline quoting ROCKLEY WATERSPORTS & ROCKLEY ADVENTURE on 0845 1300 198 to see if cover is available.Master Policy NumberSJSSA40072-15 A & B